The Archives of Ontario holds several microfilm reels with copies of volumes relating to Peter Robinson, including the Peter Robinson fonds (F 61).
Fonds F 61
- Peter Robinson fonds
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description
- 5 centimetres of textual records
- Scope and Content
- Fonds consists predominantly of letters received by Peter Robinson from government officials, settlers, and other individuals.
The correspondence relates to: local events, events in England, the purchase of cattle by Robinson, settlers’ supplies, the occupation and ownership of various lots, and the surveying and settlement of Puslinch Township. Letters also contain recommendations for individuals as settlers, and letters of recommendation for various positions.
Also included are requests for assistance from various individuals for money and/or credit and requests for letters of recommendation and introduction.
Records are arranged chronologically.
- Administrative History or Biographical Sketch
- Peter Robinson (1785-1838) was a politician and was involved in the movement of Irish emigrants to Upper Canada, for which the town of Peterborough was named after him.
- Restrictions on Access
- The original documents in this series are closed for conservation reasons. Please use the self-service microflim.
- Terms For Use and Reproduction
- Records are in the public domain. There are no restrictions on reproduction for research and private study. If you wish to use other than for research and private study any of this material, submit a Request for Permission to Publish, Exhibit or Broadcast Form.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
- No acquisition information is available for this fonds.
- Associated Material
- Additional material associated with the Peter Robinson fonds can be found at the Peterborough Centennial Museum or at the Archives on Ontario on self-serve microfilm MS 12, reels 1 to 3. An inventory of this material is available at the beginning of reel 1.
- Related Material
- Records related to the Peter Robinson settlers can be found in Department of Crown Land records: Series RG 1-162 Fiats for land grants – Peter Robinson settlers; Series RG 1-163 Records relating to the Peter Robinson settlers; and Series RG 1-84 Returns of settlers in the Newcastle District.
- Title based on content of fonds.
- Former Codes
- Accession Number: 1600.
- Finding Aid
- An online listing for the material in this fonds is available. Export a list of these records. Also see our Table 1 below.
How to order these records
- From our Reading Rooms
- Consult the online listing to narrow down your search, then view the records using self-service microfilm reel MS 524.
- By Microfilm Interloan
- This material is not available through Interloan.
|Title||Dates of Creation|
|Bishop Alexander MacDonnell to Hon. Peter Robinson||1825-01-11|
|B. Webster, St. Albans, to Peter Robinson||1827-10-29|
|H. Garden, London, to Peter Robinson||1827-10-30|
|B. Webster, St. Albans, to Peter Robinson||1827-11-06|
|W. S. Chapman, Colonial Office, Downing Street to Peter Robinson||1827-11-06|
|Roswell Mount, Delaware, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-02-02|
|Thomas Racey, Beauport, to Peter Robinson||1828-02-05|
|Roswell Mount, Carradoc to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-03-20|
|Samuel Woods and G. G. Webb, London, England, to Peter Robinson||1828-04-07|
|Roswell Mount, Carradoc to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-05-19|
|Roswell Mount, Delaware, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-06-03|
|Rev. Samuel Armour, Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-06-16|
|Jonas Jones, Brockville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-08-04|
|Roswell Mount, Delaware, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-08-09|
|Roswell Mount, Delaware, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-08-22|
|John Smith, Marmora, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-08-25|
|Richard Bullock, Springfield, Murray, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-09-29|
|Roswell Mount, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-10-07|
|Francis Hewson, Point Mailland, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-10-14|
|Captain W. Bourchier, Fareham, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-10-15|
|Charles Jones, Brockville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-10-15|
|Roswell Mount, Carradoc to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-11-10|
|Roswell Mount, Carradoc to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-11-18|
|Jonas Jones, Brockville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-11-26|
|Thomas Baines, Richmond, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-12-01|
|Peter McDougall, York, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-12-06|
|Jonas Jones, Brockville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-12-07|
|William Hamilton Merritt, St. Catherines, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-12-18|
|Wellesley Richey, Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1828-12-30|
|John Armstrong, Douro, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-02-02|
|C. Jackson, London, England, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-02-12|
|Wellesley Richey, Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-02-17|
|Flory Donoghue, Marmora, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-03-22|
|Wellesley Richey, Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-04-05|
|B. Webster, St. Albans, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-04-14|
|Eliza Riche (Mrs. Wellesley Richey), Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-10-17|
|George N. Ridley, Belleville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-10-17|
|J. B. Robinson to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-12-15|
|Jonas Jones, Brockville, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1829-12-28|
|Peter Robinson to William B. Robinson||1830-01-19|
|John Callaghan, Emily, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1830-02-13|
|E. Collier, Navy Club, London, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1830-03-03|
|Robert Reid, Douro, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1830-03-29|
|J. W. Smith, Office of Ordnance, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1830-12-11|
|Demand note given by Hon. Peter Robinson to Roswell Mount, for receipt of payment||1831-01-06|
|Colonel John By to Hon. Peter Robinson||1831-12-29|
|John Lane, Peterborough, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1833-03-20|
|Letters from Col. Thomas Talbot to Hon. Peter Robinson||1830-1834|
|John Beikie, Clerk, Executive Council, Toronto, to Hon. Peter Robinson||1835|
|E. Armstrong, Douro, to Peter Robinson||1836-02-29|
|List of lands belonging to Peter Robinson||[183-]|